Monday 13 June 2011

Twitter & the Prepped! book launch

For a while now I have wondered about twittering myself, and with gentle encouragement I have decided to take the plunge!

On the main I'm looking forward to keeping in contact with friends who already tweet, but there are also lots of lovely bloggers who tweet so I'm looking forward to that too.
My tweets will probably include lots of things I thought I might blog about but never actually get around to.
You can find me as @trulygoodwoman I'm going to see how this user name feels for a while, I'm not too sure about branding myself as truly good, but hopefully people will realise my intention when they link to my blog.

Talking of lovely bloggers, I had the joy of making it to the book launch of Vanessa Kimbell's Prepped! at Rococo Chocolates Motcomb Street in Belgravia. It was brilliant of course to meet at last Vanessa, but it was also lovely to meet other fellow recipe testers. Vanessa so kindly gave me a signed copy of Prepped! for testing several of her recipes. I know that this will be a book that I come back to time and time again.

Those that were able brought samples of the recipes they had tested and it was a time of foodie discussions, congratulating Vanessa, and browsing and buying some of the delicacies of Rococo Chocolates - I personally bought the Otto Rose, and Otto Lavender.

After the official launch bit we then went onto a nearby pub for wine and continued chatting.
I think what made the event even lovelier was seeing the friendships that had grown from blogging and through testing Vanessa's recipes. This wasn't just the end of the road, it was the beginning of friendships.

4 comments:

B said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, Liz! I really enjoy reading yours - do you mind if I add it to my blogroll? I'm also thinking about joining Twitter, so looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. Hope you have a good week! Becky

Liz said...

No, I'd be very happy for you to do so. I've already added you to mine!
Have a good day!
xxx

Made With Pink said...

Welcome to Twitter!!! Thanks for the lovely comment about my Baby cookies. It's a shame I wasn't doing well on Friday, as I was so excited to come and meet the rest of the Prepped Testers. I hope there will be another opportunity that I can meet you and all the others!

B said...

Great! I've added you! Becky